Yesterday, I met with Gina Martin, GLS Outreach Manager, and some of the other GLS Ambassadors. We talked about what the different systems are doing to promote GLS.
Like FCPL, most have put up a display with some of the toolkit items GLS recently sent. In addition to the display, one system made a copy of the GLS Ambassador Manual for each of their branches so that staff have a quick reference at the desk. I thought this was a good idea so I’ve made copies for each of the branches and for Outreach. Some other suggestions were to add GLS to new staff orientations or include the flyer in new hire paperwork, link the GLS website to the library’s Accessibility portion of their website (FCPL already does this), and to promote GLS at outreach events to senior living facilities and centers (I know FCPL already does this as well).GLS is working on a GLS “cheat sheet” and bookmark and on a
Spanish version of their flyer and application which they plan to have
available in the new year. They have hired two librarians to their Outreach
Team as well. We won’t meet in December due to the holidays but I’ll share any
information that comes my way. Thank you for letting our blind and
print-disabled patrons know about this valuable and free service. If you have
any questions, please let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment