Submitted by Joan Dudzinski
I hope you are having a great summer! It has been wild and crazy here at Cumming!
The Cumming Library wanted to find a way to combine this year’s summer reading theme of Unearth a Story featuring dinosaurs with the country’s 250th anniversary. To be honest, I wasn’t really sure how this would evolve.
Sure enough, give the YSs a challenge and they meet it! Take a look at some of the displays that managed to incorporate both themes.
Our dinosaur ELC (early learning center) even found a friend (George) coming out of the Juvenile stacks.
Our annual May program “Art From the Heart” is a family painting event that encompassed a “what your country means to you” theme this year. You can see many patriotic designs here (minus the dinos).
The adult side added some inventive endcaps and book drop decor.
The Cumming Garden Club provided a patriotic display for July.
And we created our own colonial-era display to help promote the Georgia Reads 250.
Hope you all had a great 4th of July and America 250!
Fabulously creative!
ReplyDeleteLooks great!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are amazing! I especially love seeing George pop up in unexpected places when I visit 😁
ReplyDelete