Submitted by Joanie Goforth
When Payton joined Outreach three months ago we were overjoyed to have her on our little team, and she was not quite sure what to expect! Payton describes the Outreach CSA position as “the best of both worlds. I perform tasks like checking in courier bins, checking out books to patrons, and shelving, but I also get to be out in the community placing signs for bookmobile stops, refilling book displays, and helping with Outreach events when needed. Some days I help brainstorm program ideas or get crafts ready to go. It's a perfect mixture, and every day is different!”
Payton is willing to go above and beyond by helping out at Trunk-or-Treat, lending a hand for puppet shows, and helping during Therapeutic Recreation storytimes. She has no problem stepping out of her comfort zone with a smile on her face and asks for guidance if needed. She is excellent at making things fun, even being an "old lady!"

Payton said the most surprising thing to her so far is how impactful Outreach is. “The Outreach team works hard to bring library services and fun events to community members who can't easily access one of our physical locations. It's so rewarding to see firsthand how grateful and appreciative these patrons are.”
When we asked her what her favorite thing is about being an Outreach CSA, Payton said, “There are a lot of aspects about the position (and Outreach in general) that I love, but one of my favorite tasks is simple yet meaningful. I have so much fun decorating the bags patrons receive their books in. I love finding quotes and cute doodles to make each bag unique!” We all agree that she is quite the artist and has brightened many a day with her talented hand and uncanny ability to find just the right quotes—even in Spanish for our native Spanish speakers!

Payton also refreshes our laundromat book displays with books and preschool packets. Need a bookmobile sign placed a few days before the stop? She’s got you. She can even do both in one trip!
We don’t know how, but she managed to climb all the way up to the top of the bookmobile to be in our Outreach team photo on a day she wasn't even at work! Clearly she has what it takes to be a part of the team, and we have no idea how we ever managed without her!
Love this! So happy Payton has joined the team!
ReplyDeleteSo grateful she in Outreach!! She is amazing.
ReplyDeleteSounds like y'all hit the jackpot with Payton!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Payton! we miss you at HP, but you are an awesome asset for Outreach!
ReplyDeleteI love the decorated book bags. That's so sweet!
ReplyDeletePayton's fantastic! I'm glad she's enjoying Outreach!
ReplyDeleteVery nice! I love the last picture!!
ReplyDeletePayton would be an asset anywhere she works. I'm glad you're having fun, Payton!
ReplyDelete