by Jennifer Forbes
As a lot of you know, I am a parent of a child with special
needs, so this community is one I hold near and dear to my heart. I’ve found over the years that most of the
resources available for the special needs community tend to be passed along
through word of mouth and there are useful resources out there that people
don’t know exist.
I’m very excited to share that we now have a place on our
website for Special Needs resources!
Under eResources and the Community Resources subject heading, Special Needs Resources lives just under the Senior Resource Guide. In this area you can find the recording of
the virtual Special Needs Resource Fair held last October and local agencies
designed to help our patrons of all ages and needs. We have them grouped by the different types
of services, so if an organization helps more than one segment of the
population you may notice they are in there more than once.
When you have a moment, look around and check these resources out! I’ve encountered quite a few patrons who mention a need they have and I’ve been able point them toward some resources that can help because I knew about them. I’m thrilled that the library is able to share these resources publicly now!
Thank you for all the wonderful work you put into this, Jennifer! And thank you to everyone else who helped make it happen! It's such an important service to our community.
ReplyDeleteIt’s great to have this information on the website all year long! - Kim O.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jennifer. I'm so glad we have this information easily available for our patrons.
ReplyDelete