Friday, February 19, 2021

Vaccine update from Julie Walker, State Librarian

I received the email below from Julie Walker this morning.  There's still no resolution as to when library staff will be eligible for vaccines, but it is reassuring to know that that we have not been forgotten in the vaccine discussions.  As I have mentioned before, eligibility for vaccines is determined at the state level, not the county level.  Thankfully several staff members have already qualified (and received their shots) due to their age or caregiver status.  

Anna


Good morning, everyone.  I hope you and yours are well and warm and safe.  While it seems that our days and weeks are much the same and it sometimes feels like we're just trying to keep the doors open and our heads above water, I am more impressed than ever by the good, creative work you and your teams are doing to adapt to an ever-changing landscape.  Please know that your libraries are appreciated by your users, by legislators, and by all of us at GPLS.  

I know it will be helpful to learn when library workers will be eligible for the COVID vaccine.  I've talked with officials at DPH this week, again stressing that library workers are on the front lines, and should be included with teachers in the next phase of vaccines.  As soon as those decisions are made, I will share the news.  

Please let us know if we can assist you in any way, or answer any questions.  Wishing you a lovely weekend.

 Julie

 

Julie Walker, State Librarian & Associate Vice Chancellor for Libraries


Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 406-4519 | jwalker@georgialibraries.org


1 comment: