Tuesday, February 9, 2021
PR's Cabinet of Curiosity by Vikki Doerr
Meet Post Road’s newest passive program… the Cabinet of Curiosity!
This fun iSpy challenge will change monthly and will be filled with fun items and treasures for kids to find. For its debut, Erin Palmer chose to use the iSpy cabinet to celebrate Black History Month and highlight notable African-Americans by hiding small items that relate to them and pairing them with a checklist that describes their accomplishments. For example, a rocket ship patch represents Mae Jemison, the first African-American woman in space. A stethoscope represents Dr. Daniel Hale Williams, the first person to perform heart surgery successfully. The cabinet is quickly becoming a favorite with kids, who love finding the iSpy items and pointing out other recognizable treasures, such as Pokemon cards, trucks, and Luna Lovegood’s glasses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Great idea--I love this!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! I modeled the SF I Spy tank after pictures I found of one from PR on Sharepoint. This is a great way to elevate it and add educational aspects. PR I Spy Masters!
ReplyDeleteThis is so creative and fun!
ReplyDelete