Friday, March 31, 2023

A Recap of Recaps

Hard to believe you would miss all those recap emails, right? We miss them a bit, too. We had some great programs this past week! Here is a sampling:

Preschool PlayLab at SF – Colors

29 children, 24 adults

“I borrowed HP's very cool sensory tiles with the original plan of using them in the obstacle course, but when they arrived they were so cool that I was afraid I would be missing an opportunity. I set them up next to the obstacle course and so many of our kiddos interacted with them! Some stomped, some ran, some stood and stared and one little friend just sat down :-) My favorite had to be the little one who is learning to walk and balances with her arms held high, she had the biggest grin as she stepped on each tile!” – Stephanie Gardner


Saturday Family Storytime at PR

37 children, 26 adults

“We had a much larger group than usual for Saturday! I made the best of it by adding in some promotion for Spring Break to my show.” – Erin Palmer


What is a Doula? at SF

5 adults

“One patron asked what was the most interesting birth she witnessed, and Aeryka said it was probably the ones that happened on the interstate. It happened 3 separate times to her (on 400, 85, and 285) and she was with the moms on the way to the hospital but the babies did not want to wait, so she helped those moms give birth in the backseat of a car on the side of the interstate.” –- Jessica Doss


Fresco Art for Kids at CU

32 children, 15 adults

“We had a great turnout! Lots of families came in late, and I let them join in, since I had prepped extra plaster just in case. Between late arrivals and a couple kids making a second one, we used up every one of the plaster 'canvases' and everyone had a blast!” –- Kaity Pittard


Conversational English at SF

12 adults

“Countries represented: Colombia, India, Iran, Japan, Peru, South Korea, Ukraine. What a turnout! I was amazed that all of our new learners came by themselves, but a lot of them were from the same countries. The three ladies from Japan were all especially happy to meet each other; all of them have been in America for less than a year, and exchanged information after class.” –- Hailey Brett


Toddler Tales at SF – Colors

20 children, 22 adults

“We had a great time with our little Toddler friends this morning! During Play Time I had a sweet conversation with a grandfather who was visiting for the first time with his 2.5 year old granddaughter. He loved the format of the program and how much fun they all had! His granddaughter just moved to this area and has not had a lot of interaction with other kids, so he was so excited to know that the library is offering such a ‘quality program!’" - Stephanie Gardner


Preschool Pals at HP – Rabbits

26 children, 20 adults

“For our craft, I had some white die cut rabbits that I taped to some white construction paper. I gave each child a cotton ball and a plate with three dollops of red, blue, and yellow paint. They all had such a great time mixing the paint and painting the rabbits. Each creation was unique and the parents loved the simplicity of the craft.” – LeAnne Craig


If you would like to see more recaps of recaps, let us know in the comments.


11 comments:

  1. I love this, too. Thanks for sharing and please continue! PS staff are amazing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually miss the recaps (the PPFs aren't as easy to read)! So I appreciate this recap recap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This is helpful and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I miss the recaps too, I like seeing what's everyone's up to.
    I make an effort to go to the calendar but agreed with Stephani, not easy to read. Appreciate this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Iove this! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this format for recaps! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! I've missed hearing the little magical moments that happen in our programs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also missed the recaps and knowing what is going on at other branches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this so much! Thank you, Kim. I've missed reading about the amazing things that I know are goin on at other branches. And honestly, knowing that people are actually looking at recaps again will motivate us (or maybe it is just me?) to go back to doing the bang up job in writing the recaps that we used to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! Thank you, Kim! I have missed the recaps, and agree that the PPFs aren't as easy or fun to read.

    ReplyDelete