Submitted by Cynthia Julian-Simmons
Happy Birthday, Hampton Park! This month, we are celebrating a major milestone as our branch hits its "Sweet 16." It’s incredible to look back at our journey since construction first began in February 2009.
Funded by SPLOST and spanning 22,858 square feet, this building was a significant investment in the North Forsyth community. From being the first FCPL branch to debut RFID technology to hosting countless programs in our 100-seat meeting room, Hampton Park has evolved into a true community hub.
Our growth is a testament to the hard work of our staff. Since opening on March 15, 2010, our annual visitors have jumped from 88,000 to over 123,000! While our collection has grown to 70,000 items, some things remain uniquely "Hampton Park"—like our beloved Joann and Earl statue and the fact that we are the only branch where every item is still checked in by hand. A special shout-out to Virginia, who has been here since the very beginning helping unpack opening-day boxes. Thank you to everyone who makes this branch such a special place to work and visit!
To celebrate our big milestone, we’ve set up a "Sweet 16" photo station for patrons and staff to capture the moment! Located in the branch, this festive display features an elegant rose gold color scheme and lots of balloons. We encourage everyone to stop by, snap a selfie or a group photo, and share the birthday joy as we celebrate sixteen years of serving North Forsyth!
Happy Birthday, Hampton Park! North Forsyth County is lucky to have such a great library. The photo station is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Hampton Park! I started at FCPL with Virginia.
ReplyDeleteI was a Hampton Park patron before I ever came to work at FCPL and I remember first meeting you at Hampton when you were a CSA!
DeleteLove this - HP and the staff also! Virginia is amazing!
ReplyDeleteWOW! 16 years already :) Congratulations to Ross and his amazing team.
ReplyDeleteWay to go, HP!
ReplyDeleteAs a north Forsyth Co. resident, Hampton Park's opening started me thinking about a career as a librarian. I started my MLIS studies in 2012 and came to work for FCPL in 2013. Hampton Park has always held a special place in my heart and I love that I get to work here!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Hampton Park!
ReplyDelete