submitted by Kim Ottesen
Huzzah! It's time for the Post Road Library Ren Faire!
| Sarah Sander holds one of the many photo booth props. |
During a brainstorming session seven months ago, Post Road information staff decided to create their own version of Ren Faire here in our library. The program series includes topics like archery, knife making, and a Shakespearean insult workshop. Not only do we have terrific events planned for all ages, the decor and displays help promote the series.
Near the entrance, staff created a fabulous Ren Faire photo booth. If patrons want, they can borrow specially made photo booth props at the front desk (see "Huzzah!" prop above).
Near the Teen Space staff created a Make Your Own Shakespearean Poetry engagement board. It has been interesting to see how many teens will stop to create verse such as, "Much night hadst deceive grace lest it beseech and tempt foul misfortune through perilous torment."
I am LOVING the food shaped bookmarks! This whole idea is so fun!! Huzzah!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool. I love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is all so cool!!! I've been eyeing the perfume workshop enviously but I have my own program that night and can't sneak my way in 🥹
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to tie in the entire branch. Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute!!!! Huzzah :)
ReplyDelete