Submitted by Anna Lyle
Last October, the FCPL Leadership Team and Board of Trustees made the decision to nominate FCPL for the 2023 Georgia Public Library of the Year.
I won’t bury the lede; we didn’t win.
GPLS named Cobb County Public Library as their 2023 Georgia Public Library of the Year.
Cobb County does a wonderful job providing library services and programs for a large service area (population of over 750,000 across 15 library branches).
While I’m disappointed we didn’t win, I’m no less proud of the incredible work we do here day in and day out.
Being a part of the committee that worked on planning, gathering, assembling, and formatting our nomination packet was a labor of love for me. I had a front row seat to witness the unmitigated joy and pride our patrons and staff take in their library. And although most of the pictures and stories included in the packet represent the work of our public services staff, there is no question that public services couldn’t do what they do without the stalwart support of everyone who works behind the scenes at FCPL. Please click here for our nomination packet if you are interested. It was accompanied by letters of support from patrons, staff, community partners, and Board members.
We wouldn’t have nominated ourselves if we didn’t truly believe we were the best of the best. We may not have been selected as the Library of the Year, but in my eyes, in our Board’s eyes, and in the eyes of the Forsyth County community, we deliver award-worthy services every day.
I second Anna's thank you to everyone who contributed to the packet and our amazing FCPL staff who work tirelessly every day to make our patrons' experience the best it can be.
ReplyDeleteMaybe next year! (FCPL really should've won. lol)
ReplyDelete