Submitted by Cristie Edmondson
Every year at Staff Day we recognize FCPL employees who have reached specific service milestones.
This year the following employees will be receiving their 15 Years of Service Awards.
Stay tuned for one additional blog post about the 2025 award recipients for 20 years of service!
15 YEARS OF SERVICE
Alicia Cavitt
Information Specialist, Sharon Forks Library
"Technically I grew up in Kansas City though in my heart I’m from South Jersey where I spent each summer when I was a kid on my grandparents' farm. My background is in radio broadcasting and I've always loved books. My first job at FCPL was as a CSA at the Cumming Library. I’ve also worked as an Information Specialist at Post Road and Sharon Forks. I feel like the whole world comes to Sharon Forks. I love the connections I’ve made with people, especially authors, who have vastly different backgrounds from my own and I love to see patrons of all ages exploring new interests and working on unique projects. My daughter is at UGA majoring in Elementary Education and minoring in Educational Psychology and my son is an aerospace engineer in Columbus. I also have two very sweet and spoiled cats."
"And if you want to meet my favorite author Ashley Baker, you can. She’s doing a reading from her latest book on October 22 at Sharon Forks Library!" |
LeAnne Craig
Youth Specialist, Hampton Park Library
"15 years ago, I applied to the little library (SF) across the street from my house for a part-time CSA position not knowing that it would turn into a second career for me. I love working in such a fun, creative environment with such gifted and talented people. When I'm not working I love to travel to new places, go to the beach, and spend time at my happy place, Disney World!"
Joan Dudzinski
Branch Manager, Cumming Library
"I joined FCPL as a volunteer at the Hampton Park Library as they were preparing to open. It was fun seeing the library come together. The library was a natural fit after being a manager of a Borders bookstore. Beyond reading, I love to travel with my spouse and spend time with all of our furry kids—2 dogs and 3 cats. Recent travels include Cabo San Lucas and a cruise to the eastern Caribbean with our next destination being Hawaii. If you couldn't guess, my favorite place to be is in the water—swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, or on a boat. On the flip side, I LOVE the snow and would love to live somewhere very cold and hope to see Antarctica someday."
Congratulations everyone, and thanks for giving us a peek into your lives outside of the library!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations everyone!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!
ReplyDelete