Wednesday, September 24, 2025

Congratulations on 5 Years of Service at FCPL! (PART TWO)

Submitted by Cristie Edmondson 

Every year at Staff Day we recognize FCPL employees who have reached specific service milestones. If you haven't yet read part one of this series, you can catch up on it here
 
Below is the second half of the list of staff who are receiving their 5 Year Service Awards this year. 

Stay tuned over the next week for additional blog posts about our 2025 award recipients for 10 years, 15 years, and 20 years of service! 

5 YEARS OF SERVICE (CONTINUED) 

Sariah Homan
Outreach Specialist, Administrative Offices

"I grew up a military brat of a pretty big family. We lived all over and traveled like crazy. (Between my husband and I we have over 50 nieces and nephews with more on the way!) I have been married for 26 years to my most favorite human on the planet. We have three lovely kiddos and one sweet son-in-law. I teach a religious class every school day starting at 6:55 a.m. to the youth in my church. I love it. I also spend my free time playing an obsessive amount of pickleball. Seriously, it is addicting. And of course I read but I devour when I read so I only get the pleasure to read during school breaks. My favorite part of my job is the way I get to fill up the creative parts of my brain. I love collaborating with my super talented coworkers who always have great ideas to share and then to watch the things we imagined come to life."

 



Arlene Melton
Information Services Supervisor, Cumming Library 

"I grew up in Maryland but have been in Georgia for 22 years. I have worked in libraries or bookstores since high school and have worked in college, elementary, and public libraries. I am married, have 2 teenagers and 3 cats. I like spending time outdoors either at the beach or in the woods in my spare time. The ocean is my happy place!" 




Erin Palmer
Youth Services Supervisor, Post Road Library

"I can't believe it's been 5 years already! I grew up in southern New York and moved to Mississippi with my family in 2013. I earned my MLIS from the University of Southern Mississippi shortly before moving to Georgia and beginning my career at FCPL in 2020. In my free time, I love to read, watch reality competition shows, and play the Pokémon Trading Card Game." 




Andre Paquette
Web Applications Technician, Administrative Offices

"My hometown is Montreal, Canada. I left Montreal in the 90s, I lived in Ontario and Michigan before moving to Georgia in 2014. My passions include playing ice hockey and kayaking; I find joy in both athletic competition and peaceful exploration."



1 comment: