Tuesday, September 23, 2025

Congratulations on 5 Years of Service at FCPL! (PART ONE)

Submitted by Cristie Edmondson 

Every year at Staff Day we recognize FCPL employees who have reached specific service milestones.
 
This year the following employees will be receiving their 5 Years of Service awards. It's a really big list, so we're breaking this post up into two parts.

Stay tuned over the next week for additional blog posts about the rest of our 2025 award recipients for 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, and 20 years of service! 

5 YEARS OF SERVICE

Ginger Arnold
Collection Support Aide (CSA), Denmark Library 

"My employment with FCPL began at Post Road during the summer of 2020. I hope we never, ever have to 'quarantine' books again! Although I loved working at PR, I am grateful for the opportunity to work at the Denmark branch. When I’m not reading, I also enjoy hiking, traveling, camping, playing the piano, cheering for the Braves and the Dawgs, and watching reality TV." 




Hailey Brett
Information Specialist, Sharon Forks Library

"I've been going to Sharon Forks Library since my family moved to the area from Tucker in 2004. After teaching English in Japan for two years, my long time friend, Nicholas, told me about an opening at FCPL and suggested I apply...the rest is history! I enjoy traveling when I can, hanging out with friends, working on my sewing skills, and being a cat mom to my two babies, Louise and Amber."




Steve Davis
Facilities Technician, Administrative Offices

"Since starting with the library's Facility Team in 2020, these past 5 years I have been able to do what I do best—solve problems and build or repair things. I'm the 2025 recipient of the prestigious Denmark Library MacGyver award for ingenuity.  And I have been adopted and given honorary employee status by the staff at Post Road. In all seriousness, it's really nice to be recognized and appreciated for all my hard work."





Jessica Dillard
Information Specialist, Denmark Library

"My journey at FCPL began in the summer of 2020 when I was laid off from my job in corporate and private archives due to COVID and I was in the process of obtaining my MLIS with a concentration in archives. Little did I know that libraries would be a dream career for me! Raised in neighboring Cherokee County, I now live in Dawsonville with my husband and our two dogs (Dixie and Storm) with Baby Dillard arriving very soon."

Jessica and her husband Kyle in Isle of Skye, Scotland,
minutes before he proposed.

The Dillard Dogs, Dixie (red/brown; boxer/cocker-spaniel mix)
and Storm (black/tan; German-shepherd/black lab mix). Both are rescues;
Dixie was about 5-6 weeks old when I found her abandoned in a parking lot
and we adopted Storm from the Forsyth County Pet Resource Center when she was 2.


Brianna Schantz
Information Specialist, Sharon Forks Library

"When I'm not at work, I am usually out in nature or at a coffee shop. I love exploring new places and experiencing different cultures. I consider myself a collector of hobbies—my newest one is crocheting!"



Come back tomorrow for the second half of this list of 5 Years of Service 2025 award recipients.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for organizing this, Cristie! This has to be my favorite staff blog series every year. I love reading about everyone and getting to live vicariously through their travels and interesting hobbies!

    ReplyDelete