Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Congratulations on 5 Years of Service at FCPL!

Submitted by Leslie Marinelli

Every year at Staff Day we recognize FCPL employees who have reached specific service milestones.


This year the following employees will be receiving their 5 Years of Service awards. Stay tuned throughout the week for additional blog posts about the 2023 award recipients for 10 Years, 15 Years, and 20 Years of Service!


5 YEARS OF SERVICE

Jennifer Bell, MLIS

Information Specialist, Cumming Library

“I moved to Georgia from Charleston, SC six years ago and I’ve worked in libraries since 2007. I have fun spending time with my husband, our three big dogs, and two cats. We always have a DIY project in the works and I love all things trivia and word game-related.” 

 

Bella is the biggest Great Pyrenees,
Finn is the small GP,
and Hulk is the GP/German Shepard mix
(and the biggest at 135 lbs!) 
Katherine Eitel

Collection Support Aide, Cumming Library

Katherine is a Cumming native and an author of science fiction and fantasy. She is a very particular though avid reader and enjoys making jewelry in her spare time.



Page James

Youth Specialist, Sharon Forks Library

“Working with teens at Sharon Forks is the best part of my job! My husband and I enjoy traveling and visiting with our adult kids. I’m a football fan and a Swiftie! Now these two worlds have collided!”





Jeanne McMahan, MLIS

Information Specialist, Sharon Forks Library

"Librarian, Mom, Wife, and University of Tennessee Volunteers fan!" 



Anu Murari

Youth Specialist, Sharon Forks Library

“Working In FCPL has been a dream come true kind of job. I enjoy serving the community through my role as a youth specialist at FCPL. Any weekend that I am not working at the library,  my husband and I are hiking to some waterfalls or heading to a mountain overlook. We are always accompanied by our fur children, Maya & Milo.” 





Brooke Rose, MLIS

Information Services Supervisor, Sharon Forks

Brooke’s library career began in 2009 as a Youth Specialist. She came to FCPL in 2018 as the Information Services Supervisor at Hampton Park, then moved to Sharon Forks in 2022. Brooke loves all things water, birds, and photography, especially activities that involve all three, and spends most of her spare time at her lake house or on vacation taking pictures of "water birds."




Swati Mugave

Collection Support Aide, Post Road Library

“I am originally from India and worked in Arkansas (Little Rock) for 3 years as a CSA. I live in Cumming with my husband (Vish) and 2 beautiful kids Jay (son) & Arya (daughter). I like to travel and learn different new things. I have been working at PR for the last 5 years and I enjoy working there. The PR staff is amazing.”



Preetha Thalamuthu

Materials Assistant, Administrative Offices

“From processing materials to repairing damaged books to their former glory, I spend my work day with books, labels, stamps, mylar, and more books. In my free time I like to cook for my daughters, travel with my husband, and best of all, cuddle with my dog.”



Nikki Watkins

HR & Finance Manager, Administrative Offices

Nikki joined FCPL in July 2018 after spending her career in the financial and human resources administration of the private sector. Nikki and her husband Bobby are the proud parents of a four legged little furbaby, Scout (yes she was named after Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird). Nikki holds a bachelor degree in Business Management from the University of North Georgia and is a founding member of the Women of UNG, a shared interest group that is dedicated to engaging, empowering, and enriching the women of UNG. Nikki enjoys reading (picture below depicts Nikki's excitement of receiving her "hold" of a Karin Slaughter book on the exact day the book was released) and she is a huge SEC college football fan.




9 comments:

  1. Congratulations everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love here! Congratulations on reaching the five-year milestone! I look forward to seeing all of our five-year service award recipients at Staff Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pics of everyone, and so many pups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love learning about my fellow employees, their interests and seeing the pictures. This was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this - congrats to everyone on 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all on your 5 years at FCPL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprised about some of these being only 5 years...feels like forever! Congratulations everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Time sure flies... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats everyone!

    ReplyDelete