Submitted by Lorraine Lane
There was a chill in the air as excitement was building for Trunk or Treat at the Cumming Fairgrounds. This annual event is organized by the Forsyth County Fire Department and includes businesses from around the county. Children, adults and dogs came out dressed as their favorite characters. This year the librarian's costumes were inspired by Drew Daywalt's book The Day the Crayons Quit.
The energy was infectious as Kaity, Tina, and I distributed candy, stickers, and books. The books were a huge hit! Many families commented how much they enjoyed receiving books at last year's Trunk or Treat. We heard over and over again how much our patrons love our library system. I particularly enjoyed catching up with patrons that had visited storytime when I was in Youth Services. Kaity and Tina also saw many patrons that had recently visited their storytimes. A steady stream of participants stopped by the crayon box (van). In total, we had 607 children and 539 adults; that there my friends is a lot of clicks.
No comments:
Post a Comment