Submitted by Melissa Gunter and Brianna Schantz
Greetings from sunny Hawai'i,
Jack London here! Until recently, I was posted at an old ranger station at the Cumming Library. Unfortunately, it was much too cold for me, so I did what I do best: packed up and moved on. My boss Ranger Henry Casey was not too happy with me (neither was my mother) and sent four separate search parties to track me down. They investigated my ranger station for clues as to where I might have gone and then trailed me to an abandoned campsite where they uncovered my ultimate destination. I must congratulate my dogged pursuers who all successfully interpreted the clues and survived the night by building a "fire." I fear they may follow me here so I must move yet again—Japan sounds pleasant this time of year!
Sincerely,
Jack London
(Letter found by Melissa and Brianna)
P.S. If anyone finds my manuscript of "To Build a Fire," please forward it to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment