Thursday, September 19, 2024

National Geographic for Kids eBooks

Submitted by Jeff Fisher

National Geographic Kids is one of our online databases that we provide to patrons. This electronic database includes eVideos, pictures, and copies of the National Geographic for Kids magazine.

Another resource within this database is the eBook collection. Found under 'Books' inside the database, there are 742 eBooks for patrons to read. 

The eBooks in the database include versions of popular print titles. This includes titles from popular series such as Go Wild!, Can't Get Enough, Weird But True!, So Cute!, and Weird But True!


The titles in the database display inside a web browser. The database also has a read aloud tool that includes captions.

Perusing some of the eBooks in the database I learned . . . 

The five boroughs of New York City are almost the same size as Walt Disney World. (Weird But True: New York City)

Madagascar is the fourth largest island in the world. (Go Wild!: Lemurs)

Greenland sharks may live to be over 400 years old. (So Cool!: Sharks)

The eBooks in this collection may be used for school projects or just for reading pleasure. Please promote National Geographic Kids to patrons.

And of course, I would be remiss to not include this picture from the database of a young cassowary and its father walking in Queensland.

"Cassowaries." National Geographic Kids Featured Images, National Geographic Society, 2012. National Geographic Kids, link.gale.com/apps/doc/EBNIMJ491679083/NGMK?u=cumm94923&sid=bookmark-NGMK&xid=808de396. Accessed 17 Sept. 2024.


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I didn't know you could get the Weird But True books! I'm going to have to share that when I have young patrons looking for them and they're all checked out.

    ReplyDelete