Submitted by Leslie Marinelli
On behalf of the Staff Day Committee, we hope you've enjoyed this series getting to know this year's Service Award winners a little better before they receive their awards this Friday at Staff Day.
If you missed any of the blog posts this year, you can catch up on them here:
5 Years of Service Awards (Part One)
5 Years of Service Awards (Part Two)
20 & 25 Years of Service Awards
And now, the grand finale! Please allow me to present this year's recipients of the award for...
Holly Barfield
IT and Facilities Manager, Administrative Offices
"I started my career at FCPL as a CSA when we were part of the Gwinnett Forsyth Regional System. I was promoted to a Circulation Assistant when we had two desks (Circulation and Information). When we split from Gwinnett, I transferred to Materials and worked as a cataloger and then I moved to IT. I assisted with setting up the first ILS system for the new Forsyth County Public Library system. I also upgraded the system to make it Y2k compliant.
I spent the night at Sharon Forks to upgrade the system to the Horizon ILS. I spent the night at Cumming when we migrated the phones to a new system and I spent the night at Hampton Park when we were having fire alarm issues. Outside of work I am married with two children. Riley is a sophomore at UGA studying international law and Sean is sophomore at Dawson High School. I have three little dogs (Smaug, Tyrion, and Snitch.) I am also a certified soccer referee and I enjoy watching soccer."
Congratulations !
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteIt is so inspirational to see not one, but TWO staff receive their 30 year award this year! Thank you both for all your service. 🙌
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!
ReplyDelete