Submitted by Leslie Marinelli
Every year at Staff Day we recognize FCPL employees who have reached specific service milestones.
This year the following employees will be receiving their 5 Years of Service awards. It's a really big list, so we're breaking this post up into two parts.
Stay tuned over the next week for additional blog posts about the rest of our 2024 award recipients for 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, 25 years, and 30 (!!!) years of service!
Marie Anderson
Collection Support Aide (CSA), Post Road Library
Marie loves working at Post Road and has enjoyed making some great friends along the way. She has lived in Cumming for almost 20 years with her husband Jim, her 3 kids, Emma, Owen and Charlie, her best "dogter" Flora, and her cat Elphie. In her spare time Marie can be found planning or making a trip to NYC to see Broadway shows, supporting social justice causes that are important to her, going to concerts or—of course—reading.
| Marie and kids with Lin-Manuel Miranda. |
| Marie with Daniel Radcliffe. |
Sara Baggett-Preston
Youth Specialist, Post Road Library
"I love kids, dogs, live music, camping, audiobooks, and singing harmony along with my favorite songs. My wife and I enjoy spending time with all four of our kids, but it’s a rare treat because their ages span from 27 to 11. They joke that every time one has left the nest, we filled the void with a dog, which is why we have three. When I’m not at work I volunteer with our daughter’s Girl Scout troop, and I have delivered countless boxes of cookies to FCPL staff!"
| Sara and her wife, Tracey. |
Sara and Tracey's kids Woody, James, Charles, and Katie. |
| Sara with two of her dogs, Pickle and Toby. |
Christine Conroy
Outreach Specialist, Administrative Offices
"I own a farm with 45 critters, which includes horses, sheep, an alpaca, a llama, ducks, chickens, a clowder of barn cats and a spoiled pack of canines. I game, I crochet, I knit, I spin wool, I paint ceramics, and I absolutely love to cook and bake."
Jeff Fisher
Materials Services Manager, Administrative Offices
"I have been blessed to work with an amazing community and group of coworkers the last five years. I have worked in libraries since 2008. My wife and two children keep me busy. One of our two cats thinks he is a hound dawg and the other is secretly plotting against us."
Melissa Gunter
Information Specialist, Cumming Library
Melissa has worked in libraries since 2012 and moved to Forsyth County in 2019. She enjoys hiking, painting, book clubs, and spending time with her nephew.
Come back tomorrow for the second half of this awesome list of 5 Years of Service 2024 award recipients.
This is my favorite blog post series of the year! I love reading about everyone and seeing your photos. Marie, what do you charge for chartering NYC trips to stalk, I mean MEET, the stars? I'll start saving my money!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I can give you some tips on how to hang out outside the stage door but I do not know where my other skills come from. My best advice is to say something witty, ask for a photo and get in and get out!
DeleteCongratulations to you all! I love seeing glimpses of your families and favorite moments.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteSo many 5 year milestones! Wow! Love reading these.
ReplyDelete