Tuesday, November 11, 2025

Update on staffing changes: Support Services and job title changes


 I am writing to announce organizational changes within the Forsyth County Public Library's (FCPL) Support Services Team, effective November 24, 2025.

First, we wish to express our sincere gratitude to Nikki Watkins for her dedicated service and invaluable contributions in various management roles within HR and Finance. We will truly miss her and thank her for all the work she has accomplished.

Leadership Announcement: Director of Support Services

I have decided to align the Human Resources and Finance functions under a single direct report, a structure utilized by past FCPL Directors. I am pleased to announce that Tonya Wallace will assume the role of Director of Support Services of Forsyth County Public Library, effective November 24, 2025. Tonya will utilize her extensive business experience to oversee the library system's finance, human resources, and records.

Human Resources Team Expansion

Given our staff size of 150 employees, and to ensure adequate support for functions previously managed by Nikki, we will be welcoming a new role to the Human Resources team:

  • FCPL will be posting a job for Human Resources: Employee Relations. This position will be overseeing employee training, retention, career development, risk management, and staff engagement, as well as assisting with Human Resources policies and ensuring compliance with employment law.

  • Continued Roles:

    • Elise Herbst will continue in her vital role as the Human Resources Supervisor, maintaining her focus on recruitment, orientation, benefits, supervision of the HR Specialist, ensuring compliance with employment law, and assisting with HR policies and other current HR duties.

    • Cristie Edmondson will continue as our HR Specialist with her current role and duties. 

We extend our deep appreciation to Elise and Cristie for their continued hard work and dedication to the staff of FCPL. They do an amazing job for us.

FCPL will also be adding a part-time Support Services Assistant to specifically support the finance and records components of the system.

I am confident that these organizational changes will achieve the following goals:

  • Streamline the administration work of FCPL: in finance and human resources with experienced supervisors and managers who have several years of institutional, HR, and library business knowledge. 

  •  Create a dedicated HR position focused entirely on training, career development, and comprehensive employee/organizational relations.

  • Provide part-time assistance to meet the growing administrative requirements of our expanding library system.

Finally, I am changing the job title of Holly Barfield to Director of IT and Facilities of Forsyth County Public Library. While Holly's tasks and responsibilities will remain the same, this title change is intended to provide greater clarity within the system's organization and the defined roles of managers and supervisors.

I am excited about these changes and the positive impact they will have on our organization. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I am available at all times, my door is always open, and I always have my cell phone on me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment