All Staff:
I hope that you
are all well and practicing social distancing as much as possible. I’m writing with an update on FCPL’s status
in light of the COVID-19 situation.
FCPL will be
closed to the public through March 31, with a tentative reopening on Wednesday,
April 1. This date was selected to be consistent with the “15 Days to
Slow the Spread” promoted by the White House on Monday and Governor Kemp’s
announcement that all public schools would be closed through March 31. We
will announce this extended closure to the public later today.
Information is
changing hourly, so I cannot predict at this point whether we will remain
closed after March 31. We do not know
when programs will resume. Obviously we can’t
do programs while closed, but we could be open and not offer programs. We are keenly aware that Spring Break (week
of April 6th) is typically a banner week for programming. We will
continue to monitor CDC and other recommendations and will prioritize the
safety of staff and patrons in making decisions.
Most
supervisory staff are currently working on site and most non-supervisory staff
are on administrative leave. Now that we know for certain that this is
not a short-term situation, we are developing plans for hourly staff to begin
working at home beginning next week. To ensure social distancing, we will
limit the number of additional staff to be in the buildings, but select
positions will be asked to return to work on-site.
The logistics of
working off-site and the specific work performed will vary by position. Some work activities will transfer easily to working
at home, but those that typically require being on site and working with patrons
will be more challenging. You will
receive additional details from your supervisor.
Please see the
Q & A below for additional information.
Will
employees be required to work the exact number of hours for which they are
regularly scheduled?
No. Supervisors will work with staff to determine
what can reasonably be done from home on a daily basis.
Will
employees record the hours they work on timesheets (or some other way)?
Yes, but we
don’t know how this will work yet. Nikki will provide additional
information prior to next Monday.
How do I
access my work emails?
All employees
will have access to their work email during this time. IT will provide
instructions prior to next Monday.
I do not have
internet access and/or a home computer. How can I work from home?
We will work
with you to provide technology or develop workarounds for you. Please discuss this with your supervisor.
I prefer to
work at my branch/HQ. Can I go to work
on-site?
This may be
allowed, assuming social distancing can still be maintained in your work area. Please discuss this with your supervisor.
I do not
want to work from home or on-site. What
are my options?
If you have
paid leave benefits, you would need to take paid leave. If you do not
have leave benefits (staff working fewer than 20 hours/week), the time would be
unpaid.
I have children
at home and might not be as productive as I am at work. Is this a
problem?
No, we
recognize that everyone is facing challenges right now.
Will I be
expected to work during specific hours or to be available to answer phone
calls/emails during specific times?
At this point we do not expect to set
specific hours or availability expectations. This could change in the
future.
Please let us
know of any additional questions that you may have. This is uncharted territory for all of
us. We appreciate your patience and
understanding as we work to promote the safety of staff and patrons while
continuing to ensure that the libraries are prepared for the weeks and months
following our reopening.
No comments:
Post a Comment