Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Recommended by a Co-Worker


Last Friday I asked you to let me know if you watch a webinar or take a course that you think other staff members would find useful. I have already received a few suggestions. Thank you for the tips and please keep them coming! I'll post more later this week.

Several staff members watched and enjoyed this morning's EBSCO webinar Taking Care of You: Managing Stress and Anxiety in Times of Uncertainty. It will air again tonight at 8:00 p.m. or you can watch a recording of the webinar in a few days. The archived sessions will be available here. One staff member said, “I would highly recommend this pertinent webinar to all my co-workers especially during these uncertain and unpredictable times.” Another staff member wrote that, “This was a great webinar and included a number of specific recommendations to manage/reduce stress that I will absolutely be implementing and sharing with my family.”

Stress Management for Library Staff from Dr. Steve Albrecht is free through April 30 and was recommended by staff. You need to register for a free Library 2.0 account to view any of the webinars from Dr. Albrecht but this one was suggested as being especially relevant right now. He suggests some stress coping tools that could be useful, as well as some apps on mindfulness and focusing on your breathing.

Another webinar that staff found really helpful is Promoting Online Resources and Library Online Courses using Social Media from NoveList and EBSCO. One staff member found this webinar "extremely helpful and timely. With schools, colleges, and libraries closed, and people staying at home, online resources are more important than ever; and libraries have a crucial role to play. The webinar has several practical tips about using social media to promote library online resources, as well as how to create a good social media post, and when and where to post them. I recommend this 45 minute webinar to any library staff wishing to promote their libraries' online resources, especially during this crucial time."

No comments:

Post a Comment