Monday, October 12, 2020

Website Update - eLibrary

In an effort to make our eResources easier for patrons to discover what database they need.  We have made the following changes to our eLibrary page.  

- Removed the database list from the main eLibrary page.
- Added an embedded GALILEO Search page. All of our databases plus all GALILEO databases are included in the GALILO search.  
- Added four ways for patrons to search our eResources
    - Alphabetical List
    - Category
    - Kids
    - Teens

Please let me know what you think of these changes.  If you have any ideas on how to make our website better, please do not hesitate to let me know.  

8 comments:

  1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like when patrons click on "Kids" and "Teens", they can easily access our eResources list under "Learn and Explore" but I don't see a list of the eResources for adults on the "Adult" page. The eLibrary link is great. I just think that adults who may not be familiar with the library would benefit from having a link on the Adult page.

    Thanks,
    Diana - HP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. We have now added a link to the eResources on the Adult page.

      Delete
  2. I think the changes that have been made are wonderful improvements! It's much easier to navigate and easier on the eye! Just wondering - would it be possible to add a link for the eVideos to the side bar of the eLibrary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me discuss this with Jeff and we will get back to you on this idea.

      Delete
    2. Great idea. We have added an area for eVideos on the eLibrary page.

      Delete
  3. WorldCat: I went on a hunt for it today. I finally found it in the Genealogy and Local History Websites page. Can we make it easier to find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me research this and I will let you know.

      Delete
    2. At this time, we have decided to not add additional links for WorldCat on the eLibrary page. The patrons can find WorldCat by adjusting the database on the search tab in our Catalog. I would not want to confuse anyone by having a WorldCat link more prominent on our eLibrary page. Thanks for the suggestion. Please keep them coming!

      Delete