Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Career Opportunities at FCPL’s Administrative Offices

Submitted by Anna Lyle

Are you looking for a new career path within FCPL? If so, please consider the vacant positions that are currently posted: HR Specialist and Administrative Specialist.  


Interested in working in human resources but don’t have direct experience? We can train you to be an HR Specialist.


Interested in learning about a wide variety of library administrative functions? The Administrative Specialist position may be right for you.


Both positions provide administrative support that are critical to the library’s successful operations. They require similar skill sets and are in the same paygrade. Library experience would be a great asset to both positions. So, I’m writing this blog post to provide some extra information for potential in-house applicants. 


You might be a good fit for one of these positions if these statements apply to you:


  • I have a passion for public libraries!

  • I have excellent technology skills and enjoy learning new software.

  • I love learning new information and processes.

  • I can be trusted with confidential and sensitive information.

  • I am a customer service champion.

  • I have basic (but accurate!) math skills.

  • I have exceptional writing skills.

  • I swoon for details.


The HR Specialist position focuses on HR support, which includes recruitment, recordkeeping and reporting, and benefits administration. This position will work primarily with Elise and Nikki, but will also work with all current and potential staff and volunteers. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to develop a new set of knowledge, skills, and abilities–and start a new career path. [Fun fact: I had zero human resources experience when I transferred from a part-time Information Specialist position to a full-time HR position at the Gwinnett County Public Library many years ago.]


The Administrative Specialist position replaces the former Administrative Assistant position, but the job description has changed. This position will work primarily with Ann Decherd and me, but will also work with Nikki and Holly on special projects as assigned. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in expanding their knowledge of public library administration, or for someone who enjoys a variety of different projects.


If your interest has been piqued, please don’t hesitate to reach out to get more information. For questions about the HR Specialist position, please contact Elise at x9385 or herbste@forsythpl.org. For the Administrative Specialist position, please contact me at x9378 or lylea@forsythpl.org.  


No comments:

Post a Comment