OverDrive has initiated a program called OverDrive's COVID Response Collections. These are donated titles from OverDrive that allow for simultaneous usage. These collections are being made available to all OverDrive member institutions.
The first of these collections is one focusing on youth titles. There are 116 titles in this collection, and the collection includes eBooks and eAudiobooks. Two curated lists, 'No Wait, These Books are Great,' for Kids and Teens respectively have been created. These lists are posted to the Kids and Teens sections of OverDrive.
OverDrive is negotiating with publishers for the rights to create similar collections in adult fiction and adult nonfiction. These collections should appear in the near future.
The titles in this collection are temporary in terms of simultaneous usage. We will be notified when this collection will disappear. We will also remove the titles from the Forsyth County Public Library online catalog when the collection expires.
I know we can't afford Hoopla at our libraries, but I have it through Fulton County and Hoopla lets you download ebooks and audiobooks through the app with no wait. I'm curious about their agreement with publishers.
ReplyDelete