submitted by Cleo Joyce
FCPL's very first Fall Break Reading Fun incentive program was a big success! While you may not have seen a lot of kiddos picking up prizes, Beanstack shows we had lots of eager young readers, 72% of whom completed the challenge. I think this shows that while our young patrons love prizes, they may love reading even more! See the below report for more stats and numbers on Fall Break Reading.
Thank you to all staff who pushed this program through displays, mentioning it in Fall Break programs, and talking it up while on the desk. There are plans to continue to encourage kids and teens to read during school breaks and the YSSs and Cleo are busy planning upcoming incentive programs for Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, and Spring Break, so stay tuned!
I'd love to hear any stories or anecdotes you have about Fall Break Reading! If you had an extra excited kiddo, a super reader, or a great patron interaction, please share in the comments.
Happy reading!
I love the summary graphic, Cleo! This is really helpful to see.
ReplyDelete