Submitted by Kayla Bolton
Ballots have been counted, and a
winner has been chosen for the 2020-2021 Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen
Readers! With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
received the most votes by teens across the state. After being notified of this
accomplishment, Acevedo gave the following statement: “I am beyond delighted to
know that the teen readers of the great state of Georgia have found such merit
in With the Fire on High that they voted it
winner of the Georgia Peach Book Award! I know so many wonderful books are
published yearly, and to have this book stand out to young adult readers means
the world. I cherish this award, distinctly because it is made possible due to
the enthusiasm of the readers I most hope will enjoy my work: young people.”
Two honor books are also recognized every year, with
this year’s picks being Skyward by Brandon Sanderson and Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman. All winner and
honor titles are available in the collection for checkout. They are definitely
worth the read!

Great choices! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete