Friday, September 4, 2020

New Website Updates

As with any great website, changes must happen and thanks to our fantastic staff, we know what changes we need to make.  I have received several suggestions from staff on how to make our new website better for staff and patrons.  While we cannot execute every suggestion, we can and have incorporated several suggestions into the new website.  Below are just a few of the changes we have made.  

  •  Make it easier for patrons to find the form to fill out the online library card application. 
    • Completed.  We made several changes under the Getting Started page to accomplish this request.
  • Add the website tour video to the site.   
    • Completed.  This video is hosted on our YouTube platform and linked as a rotating ad on the main page.
  • Add hyperlinks on the virtual programs page.
    • Completed.  The headings on the virtual programs page will now take you to those program in Communico.  
  • Change the wording Homework Help on the Kids and Teen pages.
    • Completed.  This button has been changed to Learn and Explore.  Way more fun than Homework Help! 

Please keep your suggestions coming so we can make our website a destination area for you and our patrons!


 

    

8 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'd like a HUGE banner on the homepage saying we're open. Lots of patrons are confused about our hours and whether they can come in to browse, use computers, or work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a button on the top of the homepage that linked to all the book lists. I feel like they are buried and hard for patrons to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. The lists are a resource I use every day and it takes such a long time to find them when I'm helping a patron. I feel like we could be doing a better job of highlighting the collection.

      Delete
    2. We have made these lists easier to find. They are now on the quick links area for the Kids, Teens and Adult pages.

      Delete
  3. Could we have the eResources arranged more like the old website? The area where the different categories listed is very crowded and difficult to read. It used to be one of my favorite features to point out to new patrons but I feel like the new setup is not user friendly at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are working on making the eResources easier to find. As a first step, we have added icons for each database.

      Delete
  4. What happened to the link on the right side of our homepage that said Tutorials and opened FCPL Academy? Is there a new way for patrons to access the Niche Academy tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was an conflict between the FCPL Academy widget and the Communico platform. This has now been resolved the FCPL Academy is back!

    ReplyDelete