Thursday, April 9, 2020

Every Day is a Holiday by Kim Ottesen


I have worked with Mary Kretsch long enough to appreciate her out-of-the-box thinking. However, when she sent me an email on April Fool's Day suggesting a video series on obscure holidays, I wondered if I was being set up, especially since one of the days she suggested was Father Damien Day ('trivia about leprosy'). Nope. She told me she was "all in." And so it began. Every Day is a Holiday was born. On April Fool's Day. And it's awesome!

You can find the Every Day is a Holiday videos on FCPL's Instagram and Facebook accounts. On Wednesday, she celebrated Barbara Kingsolver's birthday by frosting a cupcake. Today she celebrated the Day of the Finnish Language by donning her winter garb and plugging Mango languages. What could be next? Tune in and find out!

Gem of the Day: Did you know that April 3rd was Walk to Work Day? Check out her first video​!


4 comments:

  1. I came across these this morning and it made my day - thank you Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! Mary, your creativity knows no bounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too funny Mary! Very creative...

    Diana

    ReplyDelete