Happy Library Workers Day!
This may be the most unusual Library Workers Day ever, but I hope you
are having a great one. FCPL has an
outstanding, amazing team of staff and it is my honor to work with you all. Thank you for your resilience and dedication
during our closure, and for being a fantastic library team year-round.
You must be wondering when we will reopen, especially in
light of yesterday’s executive order from Governor Kemp. The date has not been set yet. As described in a previous post, we have
three teams working on different aspects of reopening the libraries. Leadership Team will be discussing their
recommendations tomorrow and I will be consulting with the Library Board. At this point, I think we will reopen with
limited services in early May. We are
not at the point of making an announcement to the public, so please do not
share this information beyond your family.
Social distancing protocols will still be in place when we reopen, so we
will likely have modified interactions with the public, staggered staff
schedules, and telework for staff who can perform their regular duties from
home. My priority continues to be
balancing the community’s need for library access with the safety and health of
our staff and patrons. We are working to
anticipate and resolve anticipated staff concerns. But, if you have a concern (or solution!) that
you want to make sure we consider, please post it in the comments below.
I cannot emphasize enough how much I appreciate your
flexibility, ingenuity, and teamwork during this difficult time. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
I'd like to echo Anna's Library Workers Day greetings! This is a wonderful team to work with and it's very satisfying to see everyone's creativity and adaptability during this time.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to go back!
ReplyDeleteThank you both for your leadership during these unprecedented times. I also want to give a shout out to Nikki and her team. We are truly blessed to work for this library system... Looking forward to getting back to the office.
ReplyDelete