Friday, April 3, 2020

More Recommendations from Your Co-Workers


Thank you to all of you who have reached out with recommendations of webinars you've watched or courses you've taken! I have already bookmarked more links than I can include in this post but I plan to post your suggestions several times each week. Any suggestions that are not included here will be included next time.

Taking Care of Us: Inreach for Library Staff from National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) - This webinar is intended to help staff members de-stress at work, and several staff members told me how helpful they found it. One staff member said, “I would definitely recommend this webinar to co-workers seeking a moment of Zen and information about rearranging their work stations/environments in order to prevent or reduce physical impairments and/or injuries to their bodies.” 

Libraries and COVID-19: Managing Strategies and Stressfrom American Libraries Live
We are living in a very stressful time right now and a few of you suggested this webinar. One staff member wrote, “It was interesting to hear about the approaches taken by the libraries in Italy and Washington (State). I definitely benefited from the portion that talked about ways to manage stress in this challenging time.”

Managing Challenging Patrons from GPLS Learning Center on Niche Academy (taught by Dr. Steve Albrecht) - A number of staff members found this webinar to be quite informative and helpful.

This webinar is part of PLA’s free series of webinars on the rapidly changing situation surrounding COVID-19 and how public libraries are responding. “It was excellent, and I recommend it for all library staff, especially supervisors, managers, and directors.”

Approaching Patrons Who Have Experienced Trauma from the GPLS Learning Center on Niche Academy – This course is led by Patrick Lloyd, a social worker and Community Resources Officer at a library in Texas. He provides insight about what constitutes trauma and gives advice on how best to approach patrons who have dealt with trauma.

Overcoming Imposter Syndrome: How to Own Your Expertise and Present with Confidence from Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) – This webinar provides tips on how to feel confident when you have to speak in front of a group.

Please keep your reviews and advice coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment