By Kayla Bolton
NetGalley is a digital service that supplies advanced review
copies to librarians and other professionals within the book community to read
and provide feedback. It is very easy to sign up, and many requests are
approved if you mark yourself as a librarian during registration. Look through
and request items from a variety of genres, then wait a few days (or weeks for
popular titles) to receive an email stating whether your request was approved.
Once accepted, you can then read the title on your computer or send it to a
variety of different devices. In my experience, Kindle is the easiest format to
manage. You can also download the Kindle app for free on your smartphone or
tablet. One thing to keep in mind is that NetGalley expects you to read and
provide a review for the titles on their website within a period of time, so
sticking to a small number of titles for a certain duration is best.
Free Audiobooks for Librarians!
Follow the links below to get started:
NetGalley Registration Link: https://www.netgalley.com/auth/register
Libro.fm
Librarian Audiobook Listening Copies Registration Link: https://libro.fm/alc-program
Thanks Kayla - I'm looking into Libro.fm right away!
ReplyDeleteI love the Libro.fm Librarian Audiobook Listening Copies! I second Kayla's recommendation for it!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Thanks, I am going to sign up soon!
ReplyDeleteWow! I had no idea these sites existed! Thank you very much for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kayla!!
ReplyDeleteDiana